Friday, September 30, 2011

The Last Day of September



I can't believe it's the last day of September....seems like only yesterday that I was saying goodbye to August. Now, here comes October- and the final three months of the year...

I took my husband to work again this morning- cutting through the back roads in the last hour of darkness...I couldn't help but notice houses along the way...their kitchen lights glowing yellow...I imagined my Grandma Carr's kitchen- the smell of cinnamon cake donuts and fresh coffee ...the cool linoleum floor beneath slippered feet...a clean tablecloth, cold milk, and the belly of her chef-shaped clock ticking away the minutes of life...

I watched as the sun came up. The fields here are dusty gold...scattered with stalks of unclaimed corn..dotted with remnants of soybeans and sunflowers. And the treeline is just beginning to show signs of orange, red, and deep violet leaves. Today a cool breeze blows...rippling the pond in circles with its invisible hands- tossing the cattails into a dance beneath the sky. The sky....such an indescribable blue....

I love my life. I love this day. I love the blessings that I have been given.

********

My son Jake and his bride Cindy were married September 10th. I just wanted to share a link to their photographer's website...great photos of the two of them...
Made me cry....

http://untamedheartphotography.com/blog/?p=1476

And, hey- thanks for stopping by today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hoping the season last in our hearts for a season. beautiful photos.... BL

Anonymous said...

Just look at that endless sky...so beautiful. The last three months of the year indeed..and so much to accomplish.

sisterlinda said...

The end of September means we get closer to the Frazier Halloween Bash! It is a night filled with laughter, friendship and oh so much fun! Cannot wait to get my scarey-oke groove on with you! Cannot Wait! Goodbye September...welcome October!