Monday, October 3, 2011

A Party To Plan


Last year we were so busy working on the cabin that I didn't get to have my annual Halloween party. I was pretty bummed about it. Throwing a costume bash had always given me something to look forward to. (It also gave me the incentive to clean my garage and sanitize the bathrooms...)

But, this year, I'm reviving the tradition! Yay! Although I am excited about the end result, I'm dragging my feet somewhat on all the preparation. I've decided to not be quite so detailed as in years past. It's nice to add the little touches, but there are some things people don't really notice and aren't worth the money or effort.

However, I do try to "haunt" the Goodwill and thrift stores for party items or use common objects in creative ways. My problem this year is getting my creative juices jump-started before the big weekend arrives!

I always plan my parties around a theme and this year it's going to be a Vampire's Ball!
Everyone has been asked to dress as vampires. I figure it will be inexpensive to find used articles of black clothing, apply some makeup effects, and still be warm at the same time. I'm hoping my guests will get creative about it, though- and think outside the box.
I also plan to get everyone to drag their lawn chairs to the roadside and wave at the cars before it gets too dark. Wouldn't that be a sight? And a great photo-op, too!

To cut costs this year I have asked everyone to bring finger food. I think this will definitely reduce some of the stress of trying to afford and display snacks and treats.
We will furnish a keg of "Blood Lite" and hot dogs, though.

My sister Linda is looking forward to the "Skary-oke", It's been a long time since we got together to act goofy, relax, and belt out an horrific rendition of "Who Let the Dogs Out" !
And even though it is Halloween, we ask our guests to kindly refrain from "Boo-ing". lol
(Can't wait, Linda!)

I figure a lot of black bats, bloody heads, and wooden stakes will be easy enough to find.
It's just planning the parking, food, decorations and seating..Plus getting my house clean.

Do you think they'd notice a few real cobwebs?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Real cobwebs and spiders will just add to the "atmosfear". Sounds like a fun time.

sisterlinda said...

Wanna hear something really scary? You have just 19 days! I can't wait to see what you have dreamed up for this year's theme!