Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Lip Tattoos and Other Things

Indulge me while I focus on my one and only thought these days: Halloween.


For those of you that have hosted parties, you know the planning and stress that goes along with such an event. There never seems to be enough time, money, or perfection. And not only do the decorations and props need to be organized, but there has to be attention made to clean spaces, extra toilet tissue, and in my case, sleeping arrangements.
I'm encouraging any "drinkers" to bring their tents and stay overnight. We will have a big fire and tiki torches and staying up past midnight.
I just hope the weather stays like this. That's another worry- but the forecast changes daily. We will just have to make do with what comes our way...

I found a great black skirt yesterday at Goodwill- it's long enough for a lady vampire and just $2. I picked up a pair of black dress pants for the husband, too, for the same price. Now- to find him a nice looking "vampire" vest...A bit of jewelry, a lot of makeup, and I've saved myself from investing in an expensive ready-made costume.

There is so many new items out for Halloween and my daughter Erin brought this one to my attention:
LIP TATTOOS!

Here's what their website says about them:

About Us

 
The ultimate form of self-expression, the Violent Lips Collection offers a statement-making line of Lip patterns that range from bold animal prints and fun polka dots, to sexy fishnets and picture-perfect Glitteratti sparkle.
This innovative line of Temporary Lip Appliques will keep the print and color on your lips for up to 8 hours. Vitamin enhanced with a smooth feel and glossy finish, the appliques are easy to apply to lips of all sizes.
Violent Lips was created by entertainment industry veteran Jeff Haddad and his daughters Isabella and Sophia. Violent Lips is a line of natural and vitamin enhanced temporary lip tattoos that stay put from the stage to the after-party. These FDA approved, vegan lip tattoos, are tested on supermodels, not animals and made in America.
One pack of Violent Lips contains 3 applications. Follow the instructions on the back of each application or watch our online tutorials to help apply the product. The applique itself is applied and sealed using water much like a temporary tattoo. The patent-pending applique removes easily with mineral or baby oil and a textured wipe.


How cool is that?


I've noticed that they now have temporary FACE tattoos for Halloween. They are like the press-on fake tattoos that kids wear, but they fit over the entire face area. Saves all that painting and makeup, and they clean off with baby oil. Plus, you won't sweat or rub it off during a hard night of trick-or-treating!

Have you all started planning  Halloween festivities or a get together? 
Well, don't be a party pooper! The work is worth all the fun!

...At least I think so....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We used to go crazy for Halloween with the recordings playing outside and all manner of ghastly ghostly things in the yard. One year I sat on the porch immobile. Kids would stand and debate if I was real until I turned my head and screeched at them. Now we have grandchildren. Just little guys. So the Halloween stuff is more along the cutsy line at our house.

sisterlinda said...

Halloween is such a fun place to be at YOUR house! All that decorating, cleaning and planning will be well worth it at midnight on the 22nd when all is said and done. It will be a great memory for each guest and something everyone will be talking about for days and even years to come!

Joanne said...

I love holloween parties! sounds like you are going to have a great one!
Blessings, Joanne